Clipboard Pencil on Gimp

Texture created with a clipboard brush
Texture made with clipboard pencil from some scribbles made with a pencil brush.
In Blend Mode Difference was used.

Some time ago, Mozart Couto suggested that I experiment with brushes directly from the clipboard... Today, looking at how Manga Studio works with some types of fillings, I started to carry out the first tests. My idea is to understand how I can best use clipboard pencil to create interesting patterns.

This pattern was created starting from a very simple scheme, inspired by one of the brushes dedicated to pencils using as Difference mode, which according to preliminary tests seems to be the ideal mode to create textures with the clipboard.

In the example above I used a Colorize and then I applied the brush again, thus creating these differences between types of hues.