Dear mango

A quick sketch in mypaint and gimp.
The girl who wanted a mango tree

The other day I was planting some "seedlings" (why are they called seedlings?) in front of my wall, I left a space for a small garden. I was busy with my mission when I noticed a little girl crouched beside me who started talking to me. She asks why I was planting tea to lose weight (?!), in fact, I was planting a medicinal herb, commonly called "anador" (I'll research what it's for and the scientific name of this plant). I kind of "not knowing what to say" I replied that it was because I liked her... I think her mother (who was nearby chatting with a passer-by) used this to lose weight...

The little girl told me that she liked mangoes, and she wanted to plant a mango tree in her backyard. I asked if she had a big backyard... she replied that it was huge! My father, who was witnessing the scene, suggested that I give her a little mango tree that happened to grow in the backyard as a gift... I thought it was a good idea and told her to come and get the seedling whenever she wanted to plant it in her big backyard... She went quickly interrupting the mother's conversation - mother, mother... the boy is going to give me a mango tree... and then the mother said a little nervously - I don't like mangoes! The little girl came back to me and started saying that she was going to plant the mango tree in the backyard anyway... ever since that day I've been waiting for her to come and get the mango tree, which continues to grow!