William Turner and astronomy

Slave's Ship by William Turner - 1840

Many will wonder... but what does William Turner have to do with the stars? While I was thinking about trying to write how these two things could go together I realized that everything needs to be explained or justified to make sense, it's up to everyone who reads to complete the picture.

It begins in a certain scene on TV and I remembered a gift, a catalog of an exhibition by Turner in Venice, to wish me what I am and never to forget dreams... the gift in the deja vu scene was a telescope! I wouldn't have minded also becoming an astronomer, but painting fell to me.

Very interesting this site about the Images of Crisis, where George P. Landow writes about Turner's paintings: Into the Moment of Crisis and Equivalent Structures - George P. Landow